Pasta + Gabi = BFF 4 LYFE. Expect when I’m feeling super unhealthy and gross. Sometimes you just need some green veggies and nutritious goodness. This Strawberry and Goat’s Cheese Courgetti salad looks beautiful, tastes great AND makes you feel like you’re eating spaghetti (if you can manage to convince yourself enough) – it’s also made up of only four ingredients that you can totally play around with. I added the dressing because it’s my go-to that makes every salad yum. Squeeze some lemon over the top for extra freshness.
- 3-5 courgettes, spiralized OR grated into thin slices
- 250g strawberries, sliced
- 50g raw almonds
- Goats cheese
- Lemon, halved
- 50ml olive oil
- 20ml rice wine vinegar
- 1t garlic, crushed
- 1t mustard powder
- Salt and pepper to season
- Wash the courgettes. Using a spiralizer, turn the courgettes into courgetti and set aside in a bowl. If using grater: place the courgettes down one by one onto the grater and cut the courgettes into long slivers, trying your best to get them as thin and lengthy as possible.
- Cook the courgetti by steaming the vegetables on the stove top over boiling water. An easier way of cooking the courgette is by placing plastic wrap over the bowl and microwaving the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow the courgetti to cool. Start making the dressing by mixing the olive oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, mustard powder and seasonings in a small ramekin.
- Place the sliced strawberries, almonds and cooled courgetti in a salad bowl and mix evenly. (OR decorate all cool and artsy like I did and mix later when served.)
- Pour the dressing over just before serving with a squeeze of lemon and bon appétit!