Cooking time: 15 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes Makes: 1 x large salad
You know when you have a ton of work to do but decide to make salad and blog instead? Yeah. That’s what’s happening today.
You will need…
For the Cinnamon Apples:
- 2 x Granny Smith Apples
- 2 tbsps butter, melted
- 2 tbsps cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
For the Fennel Salad:
- 1 x packet of salad leaves
- 1 x bulb of fennel, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 x lemon
- ¼ cup flaked almonds, toasted
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a medium sized bowl – melt the butter, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Place the sliced apples in the cinnamon mixture, making sure that every slice of apple has been coated. Place the apples on to the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden-brown and slightly caramelised.
- While the cinnamon apples are baking, make the fennel salad. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a bowl, add in the fennel slices and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- To assemble the salad – place the leaves on a platter. Add the marinated fennel and baked apples on top of the salad leaf mixture.
- Make the dressing by stirring all of the ingredients until just combined.
- Sprinkle the toasted almonds over and dress just before serving.